I’m a Dutch audiovisual designer working as a screenwriter, director and editor. I graduated with honours from the University of the Arts Utrecht as a screenwriter/director in 2016. After my graduation I got funding for the short film ‘In Summer‘ which premiered on the Netherlands Film Festival 2018. I also founded my own video agency The Waves | Video Agency, where you can see all my/our commercial work.
With my films I want to tell stories that can’t be expressed in words, through the use of images and sounds. I’m interested in relevant stories of society and the bigger questions of life, in which our language is too simple to cover the full meaning of those stories. I see myself more as a story seeker, rather than a storyteller. I sculpt the story during each phase in the making of the film. By taking the right input from every collaborator to let it organically evolve in the eventual sculpture of time.
Awards In Summer: – Winner Buma Award 2018 for Best Composition in Documentary, Short Film, Telefilm and Animation.
The I in Me:
– Winner Best Student Film at Roma Cinema Doc 2016
– Winner Best Student Film at StoneFair International Film Festival 2016
– Nominated for Best Cinematography at StoneFair International Film Festival 2016
– Nominated for Best Film at the Largo Film Awards
– Semi-finalist at the Hollywood Screenings Film Festival.
Cor van Tinder:
– Winner Audience Award at 48 Hour Film Festival 2014
– Nomination Best Use of Character at 48 Hour Film Festival 2014.